Vancouver Door Doctor is seeking to regularly subcontract an independent Carpenter to help with interior and exterior residential door repair and installation jobs, of all door types except garage doors.
Vancouver Door Doctor repairs and installs interior and exterior residential and commercial doors throughout the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley. Learn more at vancouverdoordoctor.com
We are seeking an installer to independently manage Lower Mainland jobs. Each job is conducted at different locations throughout the Greater Vancouver Regional District, with majority in Vancouver, North Shore, Tri-Cities, and Delta/Surrey/Langley.
Job Description Every job is different. We install almost every type and style of door, including: interior and exterior doors (except garage doors), pocket doors, bifold closet doors, sliding barn doors, double French doors, storm doors, sidelites and transom windows above doors, trims, etc. Common door problems we fix include broken or rotting door and/or door jamb or lintel or threshold; doors not closing/latching/locking properly; loose door knobs; loose or malfunctioning deadbolts; noisy hinges; door closer or handle malfunction; worn out weather stripping; worn out track rails for sliding patio doors; replacing glass panels in French doors, etc.
$40/hr inclusive of GST via e-transfer (no cash payments made). Pay increase and bonus possibilities commensurate with job performance.
Is this job for you?
We are looking for someone to join our company long-term; a carpenter who is a skilled and creative problem-solver, someone who is trustworthy as an independent worker who doesn’t need to be supervised, someone who is very friendly/personable who will make customers feel comfortable when they are working in their home, making them want to hire us again for the next job.
This position is on-call/casual to start, with the hopes of growing into a full-time regular job. Approximately 1-3 days/week to start, increasing based on job performance and availability.
Vancouver Door Doctor is a rapidly growing small family business that focuses on quality over quantity. We are looking for a finishing carpenter who is a detail-oriented perfectionist; not construction style/putting up doors as quickly as possible.
Please only apply if you are an independent, reliable, committed candidate with your own tools, your own vehicle, and carpentry experience - ideally finishing work with experience installing/fixing doors. A candidate will only be hired if they meet all criteria outlined below:
- Must be registered with CRA (have a BN) and have a GST number (or willing to get them asap)
- Must conduct work themselves; not subcontract out jobs to someone else
- Must have own vehicle
- Must own basic and power tools required for door jobs
- Must present a recent criminal record check
- Must have own Liability Insurance and WorkSafe BC
- Must speak English fluently
- Willingness to wear company-branded apparel (provided)
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and qualities:
- Experience installing and/or repairing interior and/or exterior residential doors
- Carpentry and/or handyman experience
- Problem-solver mentality: interested and able to identify, understand and find solutions to whatever problem may arise
- Customer service-focused: pleasant appearance and demeanour, ability to build good relationships with customers
- Interest in job growth and long-term employment
- Excellent communication skills to proactively communicate timely and regularly with us about job coordination/logistics/issues
To keep our team and customers safe, candidates must be fully vaccinated, willing to wear a mask at all times while on job sites, and regularly use hand sanitizer and disinfect their tools before and after each job.
How to Apply
All interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining how they meet all requirements, and outlining their relevant experience, skills and interests as soon as possible.